Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rainy Days, Pumpkin Dreams & Senseo Wishes

I'm soooooooooooooo stoked on it being "Fall" now, although I'm starting to believe that Belgium thinks it's Winter. I only say that because instead of it being nice "crisp" weather, it's been soggy and rainy. Not that rainy is a bad thing, but, I was hoping to frolic around in the yellow and red leaves just a tag longer WITHOUT them sticking to me like stucko.  Oh well, all the more reason for me to rock all my heavy wool winter coats! Yippy!!

Below is a picture of my newest purchase from Old Navy I scored since they took 15% off of my order AND free shipping! I'm assuming they're going to use the slowest / cheapest method of shipping possible...possibly via snail or even, dare I say, sloth mail? So, I might have it by the time winter rolls around next year. Oh well, I got it on sale :)





So, word through the grapevine is that Libby's, a company that's owned by Nestle, has a shortage of canned pumpkins. Now, call me crazy... but if there's gonna be a shortage STATESIDE, I'm only imagining how ugly it's gonna be for us overseas folks. When I went to the Commissary last week, I managed to score 4 coveted cans of orange goodness... they were literally the very last ones on the bottom shelf on the very very back. Yes, I had to get on my hands and knees to get them, lol. Then Eric and I happened to go back to the Commissary (by the way, it's an hour from us) since I completely brain farted on picking up dry dog food. Behold! I got 3 more cans even though people looked like they were going to jump me for them (once again, I got the last ones on the shelf). So, now I have 6 lovely cans in my pantry (I used one yesterday to make pumpkin pudding).



Oh yea, speaking of Pumpkin.... while I was strolling around the Aldi (it's a Belgian grocery store) I came across this:





It's freaking DELICIOUS!!! Never considered having Pumpkin soup before.. but hot damn! It rocks! I went back for more today and ended up making it for dinner so Eric and John could enjoy some of it.. and after 3 boxes of the stuff, it's all gone. Tell ya what, it's great for when you're wanting to get warmed up on a chilly night like tonight.

FOR STEFANIE:




Ok, now I'll explain what a Senseo is....  :)

I didn't realize that they're actually available in the US until I went to the Philips web site (go me!). Anyway, they're pretty common in households around here. I mean, Europe is known for it's cafe's and such, but sometimes people can't always go to an actual cafe to get some kickass espresso. Well, that's where a Senseo comes in. It pretty much pumps out a kickass glass of espresso, coffee.. even hot chocolate for you in a perfect size cup! I know a few people who have one and they're amazing little things. Not to mention, pretty slick looking. Eric and I have been looking into getting one even though I couldnt figure out the different models, ya know, cause everything is in Flemish. All I can figure out is that they cost anywhere from 70 euro to 300 euro (gag). SO, once I finish my thorough investigation as to which model we want.. which is the one that whips out hot chocolate and espresso.. I'll just day dream about having my hot drinks in the cold winter. LOL.

0 comments: