Monday, October 26, 2009

Festively Floral

Today was pretty mellow. Honestly, it was :)

Our landlord, Stanie, stopped in this morning since he needed to get the measurements of our standing shower. Ya see.. this house is..hmmm.. I'll say about 30 years old. I'm assuming the shower is the same shower that was installed the day the house was built. Well, Eric managed to step on the drain of the shower juuuuuuust right to where it actually smashed the entire drain through the metal portion of the shower bottom.. rendering the entire shower useless. Luckily, we also have a bathtub with a shower attachment, despite it being a pain in the ass.. we've been surviving with that for the last week. It was just funny when we were actually able to SHOW Stanie the shower on Saturday .. his response was priceless. Now, keep in mind.. Stanie BARELY speaks English, but I give him an "A" for effort cause he really does try his best to talk to us before breaking down and calling his daughter and we play "pass the phone to translate" to one another, lol. Anyway, when Eric opened the shower door to show him the damage.. I was in the kitchen, which is a good 12 feet away.. all I heard was "OOOOHHHHH.." but it sounded painful, lol. He had to stoop down closer to get a better look...pretty much, he looked either stunned or impressed that Eric managed to do that, hahahahaa... oh well. Hopefully it'll get fixed sometime this week! He ran out to get the replacement "tub" but never came back.. maybe he had to order it? I dunno....

A few weeks back, I signed up for a flower "class" so I could make some sort of fall type decoration. Today was finally the day where we got to bust out our artistic skills when it came to following directions from an instructor!


Startin' in on demolishing the quirky Belgian pumpkins!


All of us scooping out our pumpkins. We had to REALLY shell them out so there was plenty of room for the styrofoam block to stick the flowers in.


See? Waterlogged styrofoam..


When I got up to stretch my legs, I saw the instuctors display to show how ours are supposed to look. Uh.. I was only HOPING mine would come out that cool, lol. Given, she IS a professional and apparently has won some awards for her floral pieces. Cool, hunh? By the way.. see the little red things that look like cherries? Well, they're NOT cherries.. they're APPLES!


This is what we're gonna be sticking in our pumpkins!


All of us putting the first layer of foliage in our scooped out pumpkins


The instructor (I think her name was Petra) was going around the room and flattening the bottom of peoples pumpkins so they'd sit normally. Honestly, she was freaking me out cause the way she was cutting the pumpkins, I could SWEAR she was gonna slice her thumb off! It was freakin' me out!

Myself & Josie

Here's the finished product:



0 comments: