Saturday, October 17, 2009

Penne & Kaas!

Aye Aye Aye... it's 8:40am and I'm exausted. I was up till...hmmm..1:30 this morning cause I had a hard time getting to sleep,  then ended up getting myself out of bed around 6ish. I just couldnt sleep very well, tossing and turning.. and guess what? I woke up sick. A huge round of applause goes out to Eric and John for that.. thanks guys :-\ Plus, I was up late making cake balls for Jody's Pampered Chef party and I finished them up this morning since they needed to be dunked in chocolate after spending the night in the fridge.

Yesterday, I went to this awesome little restraunt called "The Banana Split" in a nearby town called Overpelt. I'm really sorry for my lack of pictures, but, I didn't have my handy dandy camera with me and my cell phone was MIA. I swear! Anyway...Josie, Tina and I had lunch at this place. The espresso's were awesome, the food was fabulous...but... the service. Uh...it was less than stellar. Now keep in mind, alot of places here speak English, but atleast we're considerate enough to ASK "Spreekt u het Engels?". Tina even tried to speak to the waitress in Dutch but the lady kept responding in English, good enough, right? Ok, well.. Tina fired off her order first which was "Penne & Kaas" which is pasta and cheese, Josie asked for Tomato soup and I also got Penne & Kaas. The gal double checked with us what our orders were, plugged it into her lil machine and took off. When the food was ready, Tina's order was Penne & Kaas with Bacon...she's vegetarian. Josies soup wasn't Tomato..it was...uhh...something..lol. It looked like baby pukey. My pasta was the same as Tina's, but then again, I didn't have a problem with the meat in it (it was delicious). SO, Tina calls the waitress over to tell her (nicely) that her order is wrong...this waitress got REALLY uppity, was raising her voice and scolding Tina! Kept repeating "NO, That is what you ordered!". I gotta say, Tina stayed VERY calm despite this lady not only getting vocal with her in a restraunt, but she was belittling her and telling her that she needs to learn to speak Dutch. Tina TRIED ordering in Dutch to begin with!! Anyway, after ..hmm..3 minutes of this lady argueing with her and being just an absolute shit, she finally took her plate to get her the correct food. Before she left, she asked Josie, "Is YOUR order wrong too?".. Josie told her "Yeah, actually it is. I ordered Tomato Soup. I dunno what this is"...then the lady went off AGAIN! "You ordered TODAY'S soup, NOT Tomato Soup!!". Holy geebus, lady! When Josie told her "No, I didn't. I said Tomato! This is fine though, I'll take whatever this is. Just replace her food since she's Vegetarian", the gal huffed off. She must've plopped the plate off, turned right on her heels and came back for another round cause she came right back with a menu, slapped it down infront of Tina and told her, yet again, "You ordered THIS!"...  Once again, Tina said "No, I didn't! I ordered 'Penne & Kaas'" in which she pointed to it on the menu that CLEARLY states that it's Vegetarian. The waitress stopped, stared at it for a second and said "Oh, my mistake." and quickly retreated. All three of us were stunned with how she was damned and determined she was to be "right" even though she was clearly in the wrong with her behavior. I've NEVER seen someone talk to a customer as if they were idiots.. then experiencing it first hand was even more, uh, shocking.  For the rest of the meal, that waitress avoided us as if we were carrying the black plague! When we finally got the bill, she barely mumbled "I'm sorry" despite her shouting at Tina, stomping around, practically shoving a menu in her face..did I mention that she tried to grab Tina's wrist to get her to listen to her and everything she had to say? Yeaaaahhhhh.... that shit wouldn't fly with me if someone tried grabbing me aside from them being extremely rude.  So, aside from the pre-meal drama, the food was delicious and I'd be interested in going there again with Eric and John. I'll just have to make sure I point out what I want from the menu JUST IN CASE I happen to get the psycho waitress.

0 comments: