Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Look at you, you lil' entrepreneur.

Pampered Chef has treated me very well over the past (almost) two years and I've managed to donate a little over $4k to breast cancer and pancreatic research from my commissions. Not bad, hunh? I gotta admit, since I've been selling for them, my kitchen has become very "pimped" in terms of cooking tools, cookbooks and cookware. I think I own close to 90% of their current catalog, but I'm sure that will change since they're releasing a new catalog in March (yay!). 

Where I currently live, there are SO many home businesses, mainly because it's very hard for spouses to get a job on base. Given, I had one of those jobs, but I let it go because it wasn't worth the headaches it was giving me. Over the last few weeks, I've been debating on taking on a second home business since I like staying busy. Thing is, the big hitters are already taken. From what I can think of off hand, there's a Consultant for Pampered Chef (me), Scentsy, Close To My Heart, Stampin' Up, Usborne Books, Mary Kay, Avon, Watkins, in addition to home baked goodies and such. A good variety of businesses to choose from, but I don't want to "double up" on a company that someone has already invested in. Personally, I know I would be a little annoyed if someone started selling Pampered Chef here despite the fact that I've managed a pretty good client base, but still, there isn't room for two of the same. There just isn't.

So, after doing my fair bit of research, talking to Eric as well as my father, I decided the second company would be Tastefully Simple.


They're a gourmet food company that handles spices, sauces, drink mixes and other various things that you can use when you're entertaining people. I figured it would go perfectly with Pampered Chef since it relates to the kitchen, putting together meals for friends & family and enjoying what you create for others to enjoy. I mean, I LOVE working in the kitchen. I love coming up with different recipes and seeing how I can hone my "skills" since I don't want to be one of those wives that relies on microwave meals or fast food. Given, 95% of the meals we have are home made, but I like coming up with new stuff :) Not only is my husband completely supportive of this addition, I'm sure he'll greatly benefit from it since he loves Pampered Chef (he was a loyal customer before I started selling it) and he loves whenever I cook new things. So what better than to work with a company that enhances food? :)

So yes, I'll be selling for them now. I had to figure out how to deal with shipping since they don't ship to APO's (they totally need to change that!). My Dad is willing to forward my starter kit to me as well as orders I do for parties as long as I send him goodies, hahahaa. Go figure, right? I love my Dad :)

I'm excited! Hopefully this runs as smoothly as Pampered Chef. If not, at least I tried, right?

0 comments: