Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tilt.


I feel like I'm all over the place right now...mentally... like a ball in a pinball machine. Ya know, they get launched and bounced around, smacked into bumpers, might hit a bonus area, then ricochet around a little more before going into the gutter just to get shot out and start the process all over again. 

Earlier this month, Eric had been doing his paperwork in order for us to get orders to our next base since we're due to leave around this time next year. I absolutely love living in Europe! We were hoping to pop over to one of the larger bases in Germany considering we really don't have an interest in going back to the States right now. About a week ago, Eric came home to inform me that we won't be moving in 2012. In fact, we'll be moving in 2013. Apparently there was some sort of goof-up in his paperwork, so instead of us being here for three years, we'll be here for four. There was a part of me that was upset and relieved, if that makes any sense. It sounds funny, but I enjoy moving .I like seeing new places...I'm not one to stay put for very long. When I was living in California, I moved up and down the coast line a few times till I met Eric, then we ended up moving to Europe. Living in Belgium has been a wonderful experience of culture, travel opportunities and anything else you can think of, but, I'm ready to move again..even if it happened to just be over the border to Germany. Now that we're here for two more years, I guess it gives me the chance to travel some more in addition to my family popping over and checking out Europe for an additional year.
Like I mentioned a few posts ago, I've gotten to the point where I've wanted to purge stuff from my life. So far, I've managed to get rid of several things that weren't being used, a bunch of purses, video games and whatever else I can find that needs a new home. It makes me feel SO much better to lighten the load in the house of various things! I'm still working on my office, which seems to have morphed into some sort of monster. Everyone decided that was going to be the junk room, so there seems to be an endless amount of crap in there that I have to sift through, recycle, throw away, file, organize..you name it, it's gotta be done. I'm just having a hard time finding extra motivation to do it! I managed to plug away at it a little bit this afternoon, so I guess that's a start, right? We still need to work on the garage...and that's gonna take some time to disassemble and destroy :(

Since I've changed my eating habits, I've been feeling SO much better! Between cutting out a lot of salts and sugars, limiting my caloric intake and stopped snacking about two hours before bed. At this rate, I've lost about seven pounds since the start of the year. Whether or not it's water weight, I dunno, but I feel better. I've been taking my dogs on walks more frequently, but the weather has been rather temperamental lately...and weenies dogs DO NOT like rain! At least my efforts are starting to pay off, even if it's just a little bit at a time. 

Random post, I know. 'Tis my life!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey chick! I'm glad that we got to chat on the phone a bit this morning/night lol (thats still wierd to me) Everything will pan out the way it's supposed to be. I'm kinda stoked that you are there another year..just means I can squeeze in a second trip!

PS I need a new purse! I'm still literally using the Gwen Stefani one you gave me....uhhh 11 years ago??? It's sitting on the floor of my office as we speak!

XOXOXO