Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mini Epic Breakfast

I figured I might as well post this considering I just posted Gluttony Jalapenos, lol. 

A few weeks ago, Eric introduced me to some videos on YouTube by Epic Meal Time. Epic pretty much sums up what these guys do when it comes to "meals". They take a simple meal and convert it into artery clogging, meat sweat causing, over the top concoctions that seriously make you scream "Oh MY gawd!". I can honestly say that I look forward to Tuesday considering that's when they post a new "creation".  I think the most daunting thing is the calorie counter they have on the side of the screen to show you exactly how heart wrenching their meals actually are.

This is probably one of my favorites since I'm a sushi fan...and this made me literally "Laugh Out Loud"..You know why? "Cause tonight, I'm the sauce boss":


They have about a dozen videos and it seems like each one tops the last one! Here's Eric's favorite...he actually had the nerve to ask me if I could attempt to make this for Thanksgiving this year. I think not, homie:



Ok, so here's the whole point of this blog. We were watching this particular video with our friends last night and the bacon chocolate chip waffles looked REALLY good. Then again, I was drunk, so that probably added to the whole craving scenario...BUT STILL, we wanted to attempt something similar! 


I remember when I was younger, my parents would take me with them on business vacations that my Dads boss would host. Most of the time, they were in Lake Tahoe for skiing fun (yay!). The adults would have a party while the kids were crashed out...shoot...that's what we do now a days, hahaaa. Anyway, I remember his boss would make awesome beer pancakes. By the time you're done cooking the pancakes, the alcohol has been cooked out but you still have the flavor. Sounds good to me!  So, I figured I'd try to make a mini mini epic breakfast for Eric and I since John spent the night at a friends house for a birthday party :)

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup beer
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 8 pieces of bacon
  • 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
Directions:

 Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat, cook the bacon thoroughly till crispy. Set aside to dry; drain pan. Once bacon is cooled down, crumble into pieces that would be small enough to sprinkle "chunks":




In a large bowl, stir together the flour and sugar. Pour in the egg, beer and melted butter; stir with a whisk just until blended - a few lumps are okay. 

Amazing Belgian beer for pancakes or beer bread :)

Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Coat with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot surface for each pancake. Then sprinkle bacon and a few pieces of chocolate chips over batter in the pan:


When bubbles appear on top of the pancakes, flip, and cook until browned on the other side.


A perfect blend of salty and sweet...and mild fattyness and carbo-load. Hey, it's the weekend...kick your feet up and enjoy it!

1 comments:

Van Hoesen Family said...

That looks soooooo good!!!