Monday, December 5, 2011

*Nutella Cocoa*


'Tis that time of year where it's getting pretty chilly, especially at night..so, how do you fix that? Duh, hot chocolate!! What makes hot chocolate even better? 

yes.


Who doesn't like Nutella? Seriously, who

If you're a fan of Starbucks Hazelnut hot chocolate, then this will help you with your "fix" if you don't have a Starbucks near you, or don't wanna dish out almost four bucks for one. The closest location to me is about an hour away, and I don't wanna deal with the traffic, not to mention, I don't like paying for my Starbucks in Euro. Whatever you pay in the States, just slap a Euro sign in front of that...then do the conversion rate. YEAH. EXPENSIVE. 

So, for this recipe, you'll need: 

2 Tablespoons of Nutella
1 packet of Swiss Miss
1 cup of milk

Yeah, that's it. Yup. I swear! Keep in mind, this is for ONE cup of hot chocolate, so if you're wanting to make more for other peeps, just double, triple, etc the recipe to see fit. 

Take the Swiss Miss and put it in whatever cup you're intending on using. My family likes their hot chocolates really chocolate-y, so they use a whole packet. You can use half a packet if you want and go from there to see if you wanna add more:



Then in a small sauce pan, pour in the milk and plop in the Nutella. 



Whisk the Nutella into the milk till it's thoroughly blended: 


Once it's to the desired temp you're wanting, go ahead and pour the milk mixture into the cup that has the Swiss Miss:


Make sure the Swiss Miss powder is blended so you don't end up with any powder balls in the midst of sipping on your fahhhbulous hazelnet hot chocolate. And, of course, add a good helping of whip cream...my whip cream amount is less then what I was aiming for, but my husband is a whip cream smuggler and barely left me with any. Grrr.


Enjoy! 



2 comments:

Helen said...

yummmm! I also noticed your measuring scoop thingy, where did you get that?

Erika said...

It's an adjustable measuring spoon that Pampered Chef had back in..ohhh..I wanna say early 2010? Sadly, they discontinued it (whhhhyy?!?!) but if you keep an eye out in their outlet, they pop up once in a while.