Thursday, December 8, 2011

Totally Necessary

Gah! I wish I knew about these things when we first moved here! 

I was over at a friends house a week or two ago and I noticed she had these things plugged in for her Scentsy warmers. 


It's a converter for 110v to 220v that can adapt up to 1,875 watts! Sure, you're probably thinking "Ok, big deal. It's a little converter"...lemme explain... when you're used to 110v items and live in a county that runs off of 220v, it makes things a little more challenging when you're wanting to plug in YOUR stuff. That means, you have to use a transformer which can range from a "dinky" 100 watt converter ($35 a pop) to a whopping 2000 watt converter ($200+). So, imagine how costly it can get when you have SEVERAL of these around your house. Keep in mind, Europe has really...REALLY expensive electricity, so when you use these transformers, it can really make your power bill shoot through the roof. 

I normally run my Scentsy warmer off of a 100 watt transformer, but it's a little unsightly since it's a black box that looks like an anchor to my pretty warmer. It's ugly and I hate it. 

Now, I got a couple of these to test out around the house..and so far I'm loving them! Especially since I can take the ugly "anchors" off of my stuff! Yippy! 



If you're interested in some of these lil guys (and you're stationed in Europe like me), here's where I found 'em on Amazon: Simran Converters . 

Now...I need to point out that the site lists what you CAN NOT use these for (computers , lap tops, hair dryers, etc). These are best for something small that doesn't need to be plugged in all the time. So, it works perfectly for your warmer if you're wanting it plugged in long enough to make your house smell pretty.

Enjoy!

0 comments: