Monday, January 23, 2012

Antiquers Anonymous

I have a bit of a problem. It's really bad. I mean, BAD.

In the last week, I've been to Slegers Antiques three times. Yes, three. Given, the first time I went, it was to check out some various stuff since a friend was hunting for a cool trunk to put in her house. Sure enough, we found one for a killer deal and she has it all set up & looking fabulous in her home.


 In the process of checking out various things throughout the warehouse, I was telling her about the trogs and how valuable they are in terms of buying them in the States. I think she thought I was pulling her chain till she saw my post later that evening about "dough bowls" through Pottery Barn. So, we ended up going back the following day to snag some trogs for her :)


Over the weekend, we attended a going away party for a friend and he had mentioned to me that he had never been to Slegers, yet he's lived here for five years! BLASPHEMY! Given, it's not really his kinda "scene", but he told me he wanted to check them out before he leaves cause he wanted some cool stuff to take with him when he moves. So, I met up with him and his wonderful girlfriend there today to do some hunting. The second I walk in the door, Mike (the owner of Slegers) started teasing me because, hey, I'm back yet again! The first thing he asked was, "Are you going to come in every day now??" ...nooo. I'm trying not to. Really, I am. I promise! 

After two hours of showing them around and looking at various things, they ended up finding a very pretty wall clock in addition to a wood wine rack with some pretty designs on it (kinda similar to the trunk). In the process of exiting to take them to the ATM, I stumbled across a little hutch table that was buried under several various vases and some clocks. After digging it out and checking it's condition..it NEEDED to come home with me. Correction...it WANTED to come home with me! 

I think I'll attempt staining it a smidge darker so it'll match the other furniture we have. 




It has the same "Tudor" style legs like the dining room table I had bought earlier last year, so, I figured it'd fit in perfectly with the rest of our stuff:


Hi. My name is Erika and I'm addicted to antiques. 


1 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty!!!!!!!!! I think I'm in need of another trog now....lol