Sunday, January 1, 2012

*THE* Chair

We're a "gamer" family. It's not much of a secret if you know us..we have an Xbox upstairs as well as downstairs, although the upstairs is the official "man cave". So, whenever I wanna actually play some sort of game, I gotta bust out my folding chair since the rest of the seats are wayyyy in the back of the living room. 


One of the main "perks" about my folding chair is that there's a little pop up "side table" I can use for drinks... 


...but I rarely get to utilize it since Piper REALLLLY likes being near me. So instead of sitting on my lap, she gets a premo spot on the tray while bundled up in a nice blankey. Hard life, right? 

Anyway, as "comfy" as the chair is for her, it's not all that comfortable for me because it's not really supportive and not exactly designed for gaming. Which means, I can't sit and play Fable III for more than an hour at a time because it screws my back up. Sure, it could be seen as a "sign" for me not to sit on my ass and play games for that long, but sometimes I need that "stress reliever" to just blow stuff up for the sake of some satisfaction. 

SO..

There's a store just down the road from me called "De Kringwinkel" which is kinda like a Belgian version of Goodwill. Whenever you wanna get rid of something, you can just drop it off there and they resell it to the public...and if you're wanting to get something for fairly cheap, that's the place you go to. I've haunted that store pretty frequently since being here considering I've scored some super killer deals, like a set of dining room chairs for only 20 euros ($26.50), a really bitchin' chair my Dad picked up for 15 euros ($21.75), in addition to random wine goblets and beer mugs (usually $.50 a piece) rather than paying 20 euro a pop through the beer stores. 

I popped in there the other day to see if I could find a fairly decent chair (kinda like the one my Dad found) without having to fork out a ton of money. 

I ended up snagging this plushy chair. It's actually made really well and VERY comfortable, despite it being a burnt orange color..totally screams that it's from the late 70's or early 80's, lol. I'm actually debating on getting it professionally reupholstered, most likely whenever we get back to the States since I *know* I won't do a very good job with doing it myself. The frame is in fantastic shape and I just need to sand down the wood and restain it a walnut color so it matches the rest of our stuff. Not bad for 15 euro ($20):




Thing is, it's so comfortable...I barely get to sit in it! 




Freakin' dogs. 

0 comments: