Saturday, January 7, 2012

Project: Girly


It was bound to happen. 

Eric was told he's gotta go to NCOA (Non-Commissioned Officer Academy), which means when the time comes for his graduation ceremony..I gotta wear something pretty. By pretty, I mean a dress. I don't do dresses. To be honest, the last time I wore a pretty dress was when we got married...hmmmm..four and a half years ago:


I've worn a few dresses here and there when I was thinner, but since I've packed on weight, I haven't really wanted to put one on cause I feel like a pig wearing a garbage bag. Yeah, not flattering. So, since I'm working out and trying to get healthy...yet again...I have a goal dress in mind for what I wanna wear for his ceremony. Luckily, I have some time to actually work towards this dress so this isn't something I'm shooting for to squeeze into within a week (that's just NOT realistic). I have two-ish months, almost three,  to work on my figure :) 

Anyway, I found this dress at Kiyonna which carries plus size clothing for us curvy gals. I'm absolutely lovin' it cause it's got that retro look to it and looks classy. Plus, saving 25% off on it wasn't bad either since I just went back and checked their site and the sale isn't going on anymore. Good timing on my part, eh?


Annnnd now I'm on the hunt for shoes. Buying shoes *here* is pretty ridiculous since I wear a 10, 10.5 or sometimes even a size 11 shoe. Those sizes are considered monstrous over here in Europe. IF I even find a pair of shoes in my size, they're absolutely ridiculously hideous. So, I'm hittin' the ground running and scouring the internet to find some cute heels to wear with my spiffy new dress. Here's the top contenders I found..I'm just torn on which one will look best with the ensemble! 







Of course, I'll totally post pictures when the time comes for me to actually wear the whole she-bang cause Eric will be wearing his Air Force Blues (hahaha). He hates dressing up, so at least both of us will be out of our comfort zones together, HA! 

1 comments:

Van Hoesen Family said...

That dress is really pretty!!! And I think I like the first pair of shoes.