Friday, January 27, 2012

Quick & Easy Doughnuts

I actually gotta thank Stef for this! She posted about it the other day when, coincidentally enough, I was really wanting a doughnut. Given, the Belgians make some pretty tasty ones, but I didn't wanna deal with driving into town since it was a busy time of day. 

Pretty much, all you'll need is:

Pillsbury biscuits
Vegetable oil
Something to cut holes with; Stef opted for a shot glass while I'm using my Pampered Chef "Apple Corer" 


The Apple Corer actually made tiny bite size doughnut holes about the size of marbles. Not bad since we ended up using them as treats for the dogs since they were circling like sharks in the kitchen.  


I busted out my Le Creuset saucepot and filled it up with enough vegetable oil to where the biscuits could easily float and be turned without a problem. Then I turned up the heat to where the oil would easily fry whatever was dropped in it...it took about 5-7 minutes for it to get warmed up.  


Carefully plop in the biscuit dough into oil. 


MAKE SURE TO WATCH IT! It only takes a minute or so for it to start browning. Flip it over to cook the other side:


Once they're done, let them dry & cool off on a paper towel.


If you're wanting some flavor on 'em, you can do a mixture of cinnamon & sugar on it. If you don't have a ready made bottle of it, just mix together cinnamon & sugar together in a shallow bowl, then press the doughnut into it. Tah-Dah!


I actually like frosted doughnuts, especially if they taste like maple. So, if you're interested in making this glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of maple extract

Blend it all together then dip the doughnuts. I let 'em sit for a little bit so the glaze will actually dry. 


In total, this entire process took MAYBE ten minutes! Enjoy!



1 comments:

Teddi said...

YUM! I have been craving donuts lately too! I just don't want to drive across town to get one!