Thursday, November 6, 2008

Catchin' Up

I haven't posted on a few days (obvious statement), but that's because alot has been going on. It's time to play catch up.

*1* The owner for the company I work for is a total asshole (nothing new there)
*2* Celebrated my 26th birthday
*3* Obama is now our President
*4* Submitted my resignation letter with my place of employment
*5* Soccer season is officially over for John

*1*

Well, on Friday... a shipment arrived while I was taking care of some new merchandise. When new merchandise comes in, I have to prep it, enter it into the system, price it out for store codes, invoice stuff... it's alot of work. So, basically imagine my office buried in 300 different pieces of lingerie (corsets, petty coats, chemises, body stockings). Nice hunh? UPS arrived with the shipment, unloaded it and came over for my signature. In the midst of being buried, I made it out of my office.. I stopped about 20 feet from the shipment since I could count the amount of boxes from where I was,verified it on the signature pad for the total and signed. Wished the driver a nice day and got back to work. *Sigh*When I left my office to make copies of all the receiving reports and invoices, I walked past the stack of boxes that were delivered..I walked to the other side of it and *bam*. MASSIVE hole ripped open on the side of it. Inside is a machine that we sent off for repairs and there it was.. scratched and bent. Fuck. I called my co-worker out and she looked at it, said she'd get the claime started on it and it'd be good to go. Sweet. Asshole also known as Steve (the owner) comes in and INSTANTLY yells "WHAT THE FUCK!?!? You better have filed a claim for this shit!!". Mind you, I'm still literally buried in additional new product..it's an ALL day thing to do.. I said "Honestly Steve, I didn't see the gouge before. I was....." and he cut me off to say. "Are you fucking blind!? How do you not see that?! DO I look that stupid?? HUNH?? You just didn't get off your fucking ass to look!!". That's when I kinda lost it and replied with, "What do you want from me, STEVE. I bust my ass, I do beyond my job requirements... I was in the middle of getting new stuff ready.. WHAT do you want me to do!?". He stormed off & called my supervisor to tattle tail even though I had already given her a heads up. Then he comes back out with his camera phone, takes pictures of the whole shipment and sends it off to her. Fine..just go away and leave me alone. Fast forward to today...Julie (my supervisor) tells me she needs to talk to me. Turns out Steve and his wife (she's an evil bitch) both harrassed Julie over the weekend as to how I didn't "follow company policy" by inspecting all the boxes before signing for them. THERE IS NO WRITTEN POLICY STATING THAT!! I even looked through the company handbook and it's not in there! Steve's wife told Julie that I need to be an "example" when it comes to following the rules.. so..issue me a formal write up. Make me an EXAMPLE??? What. The. Fuck. WHAT THE FUCK! I've NEVER gotten a write up out of all the years I've worked...NEVER! Yet they have th gall to make an "example" out of me?? Julie was really resisting giving the write up..they basically told her to issue it or find another job. So, I got the write up. I wrote "Refused to sign" considering this is a railroad thing that's going on.. the entire office knows it's bullshit. Julie even logged into the video system and SAW the entire thing.. she SAW how slammed I was and saw nothing wrong with what I did.THEN... Steve has the nerve to come in later in the day and ask me "SO, having a good day?".. I just smiled and said."It'll get better once I'm done with my paperwork". He thought I was talking about my company orders.. I was talking about the claim I'm filing with the Labor Board.This is THE final straw. I've been verbally abused / harrassed non-stop. The work environment is hostile all the time and it's time to throw the battle flag up. All his dirty laundry is getting thrown out..everything. The lack of compensation for employees vehicles being used for his personal errands...the insulting manner he treats us... gawd, the list goes on and on. My official notice of seperation has been submitted. My last day of employment is November 11th, but I'm debating on even hanging out that long.

*2*

Not only was it a historical day, but November 4th was also my birthday...WOO HOO!! That's all that really mattered, my birthday, not Republican / Democrat mudslinging bullshit. Just me turning 26! Wheee!!

*3*

It's official. Obama is now our President. I'm actually still in shock considering I really didn't want him in any sort of postion along the lines of PRESIDENT, but, it is what it is. There's nothing that can be done other than hold on for our lives and see how this all goes. Honestly, I'm just glad all the political ads, radio ads, mudslinging, bickering and anything else you can think of revolving the election is OVER! Talk about beating a dead horse.. it was never ending between McCain and Obama.. NO MORE ads!

*4*

Here's my official notice of my job:

Mr. Diamond,
I am notifying you that my employment with Diamond Video World will end
November 11th, 2008.

I find the work environment of your company to be extremely hostile due to your conduct as observed and noted over the previous 11 months. I have experienced and observed your incessant disrespectful, belittling and unprofessional public behavior to other employees, including my supervisor. This has caused me great distress both personally and professionally despite my attempts to ignore it. Your sexual discrimination has also been of concern to me.

I have come to this most difficult decision as I enjoy my work as evidenced by my efforts to provide better inventory controls and accounting that I have initiated since my employ began. This has resulted in better customer service and faster order processing as well as
improved inventory control and better relations with various vendors. I have performed my duties and then some despite the stress of having to prepare my family for relocation due to my husband’s impending deployment as well as the issues listed.

As stated in my opening, my last day of employment will be November 11th, during which time I will conduct my duties as per my job description as outlined upon my
hiring.

Respectfully,
Erika Vandegrift-Hall

Since he was notifyed about me leaving, he's been hiding out and avoiding me as well as the other employee's in the building. When my supervisor gave him the heads up, he pretty much said, "Oh shit." considering there's no one to take my spot. Not only that, but he realizes he screwed up and not only pissed me off, but a handful of other people because of the way he treats us. Since I'm leaving, they're trying to shift / pile additional work onto the other people in the office WITHOUT a pay raise. Management feels as long as you're on payroll, you'll do WHATEVER is required of us. Needless to say, there will be some additional people following my lead..

*5*

Johns official last soccer game was this evening. By FAR the best game we've seen all season. The real pisser though is that they lost the game due to an inexperienced ref calling a bad play..and he KNEW he called a bad play once he was done talking to the other ref. The ref closest to the "foul" didn't call it, yet this particular ref was further away and could barely see the foul from where he was standing. Even all the parents were screaming because of how lame the call was.. it cost us the game. Our team coach even lost his cool and he NEVER does that! I mean, all that really matters is that the kids had a great time.. they were the #1 team all season (till now), but it's just irritating to know that thieir season ended a week early because a ref wasnt using his head. UGH! At the end of the game, the coach held a team meeting, gave a very motivating speech for the kids and handed out the team metals. All in all, John loved playing soccer and can't wait to play some more once we're overseas. Except once we're overseas, he'll be playing with kids that're more advanced in the sport.. so it'll definetely be a challenge for him! :D


0 comments: