Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Post Glutton Day!

My bad, I forgot to post a Happy Thankgiving bloggy.. oppsy!


Eric, John and I hit the road for Salinas on Wednesday around 12:30p... and what normally takes us three hours to get from once place to another, actually took us five. In addition to that, it was raining so freakin' hard, I could barely see the road for the majority of the trip. It finally cleared up once we hit Paso Robles, but at that point.. it was a straight shot to Salinas without too much traffic to deal with, ya know, other than the stupid asses who liked to tailgate at 80mph. Once we made it into Salinas, we unloaded our new age Grapes of Wrath vechicle and got right to work on prepping the food for Thanksgiving. While I was prepping the food / turkey, Eric was workin' away on the internet set up so we could get all of the Xbox's in the house enabled for Xbox Live. With a house full of gamers, you HAVE to get the 360's up in running or there WILL be blood at someones expense!

Yesterday went VERY well & I was so relieved that I didn't screw it up, lol. This was the forth or fifth turkey I've done, but I've never tackled a twenty eight pounder... the prior turkeys were around sixteen to twenty pounds. Major difference!





In addition to the turkey, I made a Green Bean Casserole, Cheddar Bacon Potatoes, Stuffing (but that was cooked in the turkey so I forgot about it half the time), picked up some cranberry/orange mix that tasted fabulous, dinner rolls, turkey gravy...man, just talking about all of it is making me gain weight!



Look how juicy it is!!


Luckily, my Aunty, Uncle and two cousins were able to come from Washington for the festivities! I was really wanting them here since obviously it's a family get-together holiday, but this is my last Thanksgiving in the states for a few years, so I definetely wanted to have a great holiday with the majority of the family from the West Coast, lol.

Grandma brought Pumpkin Pie & Pecan Pie while Eric made his classic White Coconut Cake... it was a diabetics nightmare but SO tastey!

Everything went swimmingly! VERY happy with the outcome, no food poisoning so that's a plus right there. Loads of entertainment between family members talking fun shit to one another, cousins picking on everyone, killing zombies on a flat screen tv, family putting each other into headlocks and beating the crap out of kids....ahhhhhh... good ol' family fun :)

More pictures to come! Especially since everyone is in town till Sunday...therefor...more insanity will insue!




0 comments: