Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 6 - Twenty of My Favorite Things

So, I don't know if it has to be THINGS, or if it can be people and other living things. Oh well, let's get rolling:

#1: My family. Really, need I say more?


#2 : My pets. They ARE my kids! 


#3: My best friend. I met her back in 2001 through an old boyfriend. Even though we don't get to see one another very often (last I saw her was July 2007), we still catch up as often as we can, despite the time difference between Belgium and Australia. I consider her a sister! 


#4: Favorite Jewelry Piece: My wedding set.


 
#5:  Sushi. I absolutely love sushi. I can promise that I'd probably eat it every day if I didn't have to travel at least and hour to obtain it. When we lived in California, I worked a block away from an amazing sushi restraunt. I'll put it like this: They knew me by voice when I called in my orders. Yeah.

#6: My truck. By far, the best investment I've ever made...ya know, aside from getting married.


#7: European Christmas Markets. They're awesome. Well, most of 'em. You can find really nifty things, enjoy cultural food,  and really get to enjoy the atmosphere of "Christmas". They are VERY different then how we experience Christmas in the States (not overly commercialized).


#8:  Clam Chowder. To be more specific, the clam chowder from The Fisherman's Grotto in Monterey, California. It's the best, and I'm not just saying that. It's  literally ...THE BEST. The last time I was home, I pretty much dropped my bags off at my Dads house and headed straight over to the Wharf for some chowder, lol. Omg...I just started drooling..


#9:  My Xbox 360. I realize it's silly to like a video game console, but this thing has a lot of uses. Since Microsoft just released the "Kinect" system, it really enhances when you want to talk to someone via video chat. Not only that, but I can use it as a DVD player, sound system, a personal gym, and yes, a thing to play video games on.


#10: Germany. Yes, the country. Once you visit Germany, you'll completely understand why it's a "favorite" of mine.

#11:  What Dreams May Come. By far, my favorite movie!


#12: Artichokes. My favorite vegetable! I guess living in Salinas had it's advantages since we weren't all that far from Castroville, the "Artichoke Center of the World". You could pretty much get an artichoke made a dozen different ways (kind of reminds me of Forrest Gump when that guy was listing off all the different things you can do with shrimp). Truth be told, you can get amazing deep fried artichoke hearts there. 


#13: Bavarian necklace. Eric bought this for me while we were vacationing in Berchtesgaden. One, he got it for me as a Mothers Day gift. Second, he doesn't normally buy me jewelry, so this particular piece is very dear to me cause he knew it was along my style.... :)
.

#14:  Uggs. Yes, they're "Ugg-ly", but they sure as hell keep me warm! ESPECIALLY during the cold months in Belgium!!


#15: Favorite color: Fuschia


#16: CSI: Las Vegas. I own all ten seasons. What does that tell you?


#17: Peppermint White Mocha. Best drink every...especially during the holidays!


#18: Dachshunds. They the quirkiest breed I've ever dealt with..and I love 'em! Huge personalities for such a little dog! I have three (as you can see from the beginning of this post), my Dad has two and my Grandmother has one. All of 'em have very distinct personalities that set them apart (aside from their fur color).


#19: Fall. My favorite season! All the leaves change into this gorgeous red / orange hue, the weather gets colder...perfect time of year for hot chocolate dates on the couch and snuggling up with a blanket!


#20:  Favorite wedding picture. Eric and I both have this picture in our wallets, and we have it on our wedding album. Every time I look at it, it brings back all the feelings of how happy we were that day, the fun we had with our friends and all the crazy things we did while in Vegas. Love it!



Honestly, this was kinda hard!!! I had to really think for a while about what my "favorite things" were! Even then, I had to kinda throw things together cause I didn't want it all to focus around food, hahaaa

0 comments: