Sunday, November 21, 2010

Egg Noggy Goodness

About a week or so ago, a friend of mine talked about "Egg Nog Pancakes". That perked my interest since I love experimenting with food, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I mean, I attempted pumpkin pancakes..might as well try egg nog pancakes!


Ingredients

  • 2 cups self rising flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups eggnog*
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

Directions 

In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg if desired. In another bowl, beat eggs, eggnog and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. 


They actually came out really well (thick & very filling). Depending on what you use to put on the actual pancakes (syrup, butter, powdered sugar), it'll effect how much of the egg nog you'll taste. I'll see if I can find some sort of egg nog like syrup for the next time I make it :)

0 comments: