Saturday, April 9, 2011

End of Week 5

Well, I knew it was bound to happen.


I gained a little over a pound this week, but I'm not really torn up about it. In all honesty, I was expecting it to happen since I wasn't able to walk all that much since my knee has been rather problematic. In addition to that, I haven't been feeling all that well. Excuses excuses ...blah blah blah.. I'll get my shit together this week and suck up the knee discomfort and do more walking. 

I will say, though, that I'm kinda worried about this upcoming week since I'll be leaving for Poland on Thursday and will be returning on Sunday. Why am I worried? How well have you eaten while you've been on a road trip / vacation ? Given, I plan on eating as well as I can while I'm away, but there's only so much I can do. Myself and a few of the gals I'll be traveling with will be packing water, fruits and other healthy food for the ride there...but a lot depends on what we eat WHILE in Poland, lol. I'm a sucker for Perogies, which are like potato dumplings...but they're not my friend in terms of weight loss. So, hopefully I'll behave. 

Is it sad that I'm debating on taking my scale with me so I can weigh in while on vacation???

Fingers crossed that Stef did well this week with her weight loss! I know she's been kicking ass in the gym!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg vacation calories are negative, didn't you know? (j/k)

One trick I use that may work for you since you're married is when you're on road trips, split meals. Ben and I went to SLO a couple of weeks ago and never once ordered a full plate to ourselves. So instead of both of us chowing down on 8 pieces of fried fish, it was four each, etc.

Also if you're going to eat a rich meal, shoot for it to be at lunch time, so you have time to burn some of the calories off before bed time. I'm sure you know all of this already but I can't help myself sometimes.

Erika said...

I wish they were negative calories! If that were the case, I'd always be on vacation!

Maybe the gals I'm on the trip with will be willing to split meals since some of them are trying to lose weight as well. It's a girls trip to Poland to go shopping (yes, we're willing to go to another country for good deals..lol).

Thanks for the advice! :D When I lived in SLO, I used to listen to ya on the radio!

Unknown said...

How cute are you too!!! I'm so glad Steph is following your bloggy now. :) She is full of alot of foodie wisdom. :)

Now down to biz:
Hello!!! A pound is a good poop!!! TMI? I don't care. You are doing so well for yourself, and I'm beyond proud of you. So you gained a little this week? Meh...considering your knee stuff, you're a-ok! You'll do gerat this week in Poland, I know you will. DO NOT TAKE YOUR SCALE!!! Thats only something like I would do and I'm insane, then you would talk me out of it and I would enjoy my trip.
Summing it up, you're doing great! Look how far you've come and the amazing receipes you have shared.
XOXO