Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Fruit

In March, I was trolling through one of my favorite websites, which is Etsy, to see if I could find some fake fruit for my kitchen. In case you don't know what Etsy is, it's a site where people can sell custom made things to other people. Kinda like a stepping stone for people who want to start selling to the public when it comes to trying a home business, in a sense. There have been stories about people whose Etsy stores have taken off so well, that they've expanded into very lucrative companies (how cool is that?). So, I figured that'd be a good place to look for some decorations since I wanted something cute in terms of fruit (ha) and not your typical plastic stuff. 

When I originally set out on this mission, I was thinking about using the fruit in my Trog since that's what normally sits on my kitchen table. Yes, it should be filled with REAL fruit, but we go through ours so fast that I'd like to have something in there rather than a empty bowl. Makes sense, right? Well, I found this seller who makes these SUPER adorable pieces of fruit out of wood! The store is called "Arts of the Heart" . After trollin' through all of the different thing the she makes, I went ahead and contacted her to have a "grocery list" of things made: 4 bananas, 3 apples, 3 pears, 3 oranges and 2 eaten apples. She was totally up to the challenge with the oranges since I guess she never really made them before (Eric says they look like tangelos) , but I think she did an awesome job with everything!


All the pieces are made by hand, so they all have a unique look. Plus, they're small, which helps with their cuteness!


Remember when I got my scale a few weeks ago? Well, since the fruit are a cute small size, I figured they'd look better with the scale rather than the trog, otherwise, I'd have to order a small army of fruit to fill it up.


They actually look pretty awesome with the scale!


Now, I need to find something for the other tray. I'm really torn between getting chocolate chip cookies or a cheeseburger with fries, LOL. 



Decisions decisions...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg I love this! I vote burger and fries!

Van Hoesen Family said...

COOKIES!!!

Jennifer Rose said...

Thanks for posting about my fruit! Too bad they won't fit in your Trog, maybe I should make a line of fruit peices that are actually life size. Glad you enjoy them!