Sunday, March 27, 2011

BYBH Salsa

I came across some mean little chillies yesterday.. when I say "mean", they're vicious.

Meet the Habanero:


Eric always challenges me to make stuff really spicy since he likes things to be hot enough to, and I quote..ahem.. "burn your butt-hole". Due to my sensitive tummy, I can't handle anything too wild, otherwise it has to be smothered in sour cream or cream cheese...which completely kills any other flavors I potentially have in that meal. I might as well just eat a container of sour cream and call it a day.

Well, when I saw these bad boys in the Chièvres commissary, I instantly snatched 'em up to make some "BYBH" salsa.

Here's what you'll need:

* 1 Habanero Pepper
* Half of a  medium Red Onion
* 3 Garlic Cloves
* 1 Tablespoon of Lime Juice
* 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
*  1 Teaspoon of Cilantro (preferably, fresh)
* 4 - 5 medium Tomatoes

Tools Used: 


Step 1: Cut up your Habanero Chili ...in all honesty, I recommend you cut it in half, then half again so you only end up using 1/3 of the actual thing. If you're ballsy and really want so
me spice, use half of a chile. Don't say I didn't warn you. Toss however much you plan on using into the MFP.


Step 2: Take your Red Onion and put it in the middle of the Veggie Wedger, the bottom part that DOES NOT have the blade..


Place the blade part of the Wedger in the middle of the Red Onion, make sure it lines up with the grooves of the bottom holder..

Then, press down. You'll have perfectly sized onion slices to put in the MFP. I use two wedges, but it's up to you if you want extra onion or not.  Toss those in the MFP...


Get a nice bulb of Garlic and get three good sized cloves off of it, peel 'em and toss them in the MVP..


Measure out 1 Tablespoon of Lime Juice, 1 Teaspoon of Cilantro in addition to 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt; toss all three ingredients into the MVP.


Since you have all those ingredients in the MVP, it probably looks like a jumbled mess. Don't worry, it'll look kinda better in a minute. Go ahead and put the top part of the MVP on the unit (make sure the blade is in the plastic holder) and pump the handle several times. It'll chop up everything into a colorful disaster. If you take a whiff, you'll definitely smell the Habanero in there!


Take your tomatoes and do the same process on the VW as you did with the Red Onions.


Do about three tomatoes like this then toss them in the MFP, and pump the handle some more. Wedge an addition one to two more tomatoes, then once again, toss in the MFP and pump the handle. Do this till you get the type of consistency you're looking for in terms of salsa.


Pour it out into the Simple Additions Small Square Bowl and ta-dah! You're all set! It's the perfect size for chips and dip :)


...Oh...and in case you're wondering. Eric isn't going to challenge me any more. This salsa brought tears to his eyes. 

VICTORY IS MINE!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum cue the drool!!!