Thursday, October 30, 2008

Beast of Burden

First off..I have my brand spankin' new Skull Candy headphones on ... I LOVE 'em! Best sound quality I've had in a long time for a very reasonable price. I mean, I love BOSE and all, but for the money you gotta spend for a decent set of BOSE headset, I could put John through a semester of college. So, I'll enjoy my Skull Candy in the mean time :)



So yeah... life kinda got thrown into over-drive within the past week. Eric received a notice from our next base that they're needing him there sooner than anticipated. Rather than gracing Belgium with our presence in June, we'll be busting down their door in February. Whee!!

Since last Monday, everything has been a tad bit on the stressful side. Eric's been running around the base like a chicken with it's head off to start the whole out processing chain of events, but it seems like every freakin' snag along the way pops up. I know I know.. it's the Military and I shouldn't expect anything less, but STILL!! Fuuuuuuuuuuuck! We originally got these orders back in February of this year.. right? So, we got our passports taken care of (I already had mine & just had to update my last name) which was a process in itself considering John had to get additional paperwork done. Since Johns parents are divorced, his mother needs to give permission for him to leave the country..which involves a notary to complete the passport process. That took a little bit considering she lives out of state and was in transition to a new state/city/house. Once we got all that tied up, we were good to go. Well now we need ANOTHER type of passport called a "No Fee" passport. It's basically for John and I to live in Belgium since we'll be there with government orders. Otherwise, I'll never use that thing while we travel to the neighboring countries. Kinda stupid if you ask me. WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL now Johns mom has to sign yet another form to give permission. It's just irritating that NONE of this was mentioned to us MONTHS ago when we started all this crap! BLAH! Now we're almost 100 days out from our departure date... we still need to get the No Fee stuff dealt with (even Eric's sponsor and the 1st shirt at our new base is baffled by it), apparently there's medical stuff that has to be addressed, dental appointments because lord knows we need good teeth to fly to a foreign county, get our flight shit dealt with, figure out how we're getting the dachshunds over there, packing our house, shipping the Xterra...blah blah blah blah. I know there's tons of other Military families that's done all of this like pros, but I'm just at a loss as to what the hell I have to do since there's forms for EVERY little thing you wanna get done. Everything revolves around schedules...it's just irritating.

In the midst of all the BS we're dealing with, my job isn't making things any easier. To be more specific, the owner is a complete dick. He's still being a flat out jerk to anyone in his path..it doesn't matter how much you bust your ass, its never good enough. I finally snapped yesterday when he was nit-picking over the most trivial bullshit ( me ordering an additional movie for a store that constantly sells out of that specific title). "Is anything I do EVER good enough? HONESTLY... give me a break!" .. he basically told me that it'll never be good enough and that I'm worthless. Yay. I keep having to remind myself I "only" have four more paychecks left with them till I leave, but MAN, that feels like forever! AGH! Oh yeah, let's not forget all the interviews I had to do for my replacement. Out of all the people we interviewed, there were only two potential candidates, and one of them wasn't up to the standard my supervisor wants. The other guy is so overly qualified, there's no way he'll get paid what he's wanting. Then my supervisor tells me today that she's not really sure she wants to hire someone to take my position... SO WHY HAVE ME WASTE THE TIME INTERVIEWING PEOPLE??? Shit! So, just for the sake of keeping busy, I'm redoing my entire filing system so it'll be a little easier for the next person to find anything / everything they're gonna need for accounts / orders / everything to do with my job. I'm pretty much on the edge of saying "Fuck this" since I really have a lot to get done before we move and things with work are adding unnecessary stress.

"ONLY" 61 more days left at my shit hole job!

*Think happy thoughts* Think happy thoughts* Think happy thoughts*

0 comments: