Sunday, October 5, 2008

Big Wheels Keep On Turnin'

Insomnia has it's drawbacks, but at least it's giving me an opportunity to catch up on my posts :)

Yesterday was a rather long & stressful day, but at least I was able to get out of work early so I can get on the road. Once I arrived in Salinas, my Dad and I had some bonding time, informed me about some things that are still going on regarding the estate and just basically anything else that's under the sun. The best part about the bonding time: He showed me all his little WWII trinkets that he picked up recently. I always knew that my Dad was a huge WWII connoisseur, but to see everything laid out (in bits and pieces) is pretty interesting considering his collection has more than doubled in size from what I last remembered. Long story short, he's got a lot of collectibles that will never be sold. EVER.

Today was a good day :) Once my Dad & I were finally up & running this morning, we went over to Grandma's, picked her up & headed to The Queens of Heaven cemetery to visit my Mom. I just gotta love my Dad....even though the cemetery has it's own gardeners and maintenance people, he thinks the grass could look better near Moms grave. So, he brought miracle grow with us and proceeded to spray down her area, walked over to where my Grandpa's grave is and sprayed his as well. It's just funny to watch because he's just so anal about how things look; he HAS to fiddle with things just so it'll seem better because he touched it, lol. That's just how he is.

Once we were done finished visiting Mom, we then headed over to San Juan Batista. MAN, I haven't been there in YEARS! That place has changed...and not in a good way. It seems practically deserted, the town looks alot smaller and all stores I remember aren't there anymore. I gotta say though, I found a cool lil' "Welcome" sign for my house in addition to a cute little star shaped bucket, but other than that, that town has really dried up. Really, it's a shame! I remember that there used to be weekend events, antique fairs every month... apparently they don't do that stuff anymore. Lame!

After we did some retail damage, we headed on back home, dropped Grandma off at her house then rolled back to the Bat Cave. Once we got back, I headed right out again to visit with Alex and her hubby, Jake. They have this absolutely adorable lil' boy named Colton. He's SO stinkin' cute! Colton is about 2 months old now, if I remember correctly? Either way, he's friggin' adorable and I love his lil' faux hawk in addition to the grumpy faces he makes when he can't figure out if he wants to cry or smile, lol. Jake was nice enough to lite up a little bonfire and we all just sat in the backyard, shootin' the shit. Tell ya what.. with all the running around I do, it's nice to just sit and relax. I don't get to do it very often so it was completely appreciated to not do anything other than chill out, talk and listen to the totally drunk neighbors across the way screaming and bouncing on his trampolene buck ass naked. "Hey guuuuuuuuuys!!!! Wanna come over and bounce on the trampolene???" ...all the while his man meat is hangin' out in the cold, Monterey night.

Ahhh... gotta love it.

0 comments: