Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Booyah

I've always said that the owner of the company I work for is an asshole. Which in fact, he really is an asshole, most days. Well, I think he finally grew a heart.. or stole one... who knows, but still, he actually did something nice today WITHOUT being asked.

Wednesdays are the day when it's time to make the official weekly Costco run for the company to pick up the essentials for the stores (tissue, paper towels, toilet paper, cleaners). Normally, he'll pick up a box of chocolate chip cookies for himself and that's about it when it comes to extra goodies in the break room. We're forbidden to touch those cookies because they're HIS. By taking any, it's punishable by death. Literally.

Anyway, I've metioned in passing on several occasions that I only eat Sour Skittles and how much I love 'em (I'm addicted to them) but I've never said anything to him about it. He doesn't like to hold conversations with the staff, so why would I waste my time talking about candy to him? Well, when he was getting ready to leave, he asked me if there's anything else he should pick up. I jokingly said "Candy for the main office". He gave me this look like I was a jerkoff for even suggesting it and left. Ya see... the office is full of women. We're all "syncked" up when it comes to our monthly friend..lol. So, when all of us are angry / bloated / miserable at the same time, the Corporate office is a very dangerous place. When we have chocolate or candy there, it mellows us out.


Well, a few hours ticks by and he comes back from Costco. Luckily,he picked up everythig I had listed that we needed and .... oh man.. there was candy!! Ten pounds worth to be exact. Not only that, but he bought caffiene free diet pepsi. No one in that building drinks that except me! He KNOWS I can't have caffine & he said point blank "Figured it'd be nice to have a soda once in a while". Not only did he pick the soda's up, he also got a Costco size box of Sour Skittles.



Look, I even took a picture for proof since it's VERY VERY VERY RARE for this man to do something nice. Personally, I think it's a trap & I'll have to pay for it all later down the road. Till then, I'm gonna have Sour Skittles GALORE!




Yay me!

0 comments: