Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Good Things

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... I finally got a moment to plop down and blog! Whee!!!
Lesse..the last time I posted, it was on Thursday night after I got all settled into my Aunts place. Time to fill you in on everything else that's happened in the mean time considering I'm already back in California.
*Friday*

Despite the fact I really wanted to sleep in, everyone was already up and shuffling around the house (there's wood flooring) so I can hear EVERYTHING at the grand time of 6:30am. Keep in mind, I was up till 2:30am talking to Kendall (my cousin) about his life choices, life's events and other things he wanted to talk about without catching flack from the rest of the family.

After hitting up Country Cousins for breakfast; Dad, Uncle Sonny, Uncle Tim & I were determined to go fishing! The last time we attempted fishing (5 years ago), the motor in the boat happened to die right in the middle of the lake and it was just a total nightmare. Dad was livid, threw a huge piss fit and always bitched about how the trip was a total waste. WELLLL now my Uncle Sonny has a pretty nice boat to hit the lake with so NOTHING can go wrong! YAY! When we finally made it out to the lake, it was around noonish but it was absolutely GORGEOUS out there!

There's a good / bad thing about Uncle Sonnys boat... it has a little sonar in it to determine how many fish are in the area. Pretty cool right? Well, it was cool to see how many fish there were around us, but it started to become rather irritating to see THAT many fish yet catch nothing.

The whole time we were on the lake, we were trolling. My Dad is really into bait fishing (just sitting and relaxing) but Uncle Sonny and Uncle Tim insisted on trolling since they "always" hit their limit within an hour. WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL..... 6 hours later and nothing to show for it..here's my Dad...the happy camper:

After all was said and done, Uncle Sonny ended up catching 2 little rainbow trout that we ended up bringing back with us & released into the pond that my Aunt & Uncle have on their property. Once we were back home, I HAD to take a shower considering we were in such a hurry that morning to get breakfast and hit the lake, my personal hygiene was tossed out the window (yuck).

Kendalls' girlfriend came over and I had a chance to meet her. At that point, my headache was already in full swing and I actually slinked off to bed without really saying anything. I was really tired and everyone was pretty engulfed with "Iron Man" on the mini big screen they have in the living room.



*Saturday*

Today's the day!! It's the big rumble between the hedges! The Centralia Tigers verses The Chehalis Bear Cats!! It's the 101 year rivalry game! Can you tell I'm a little excited?

Last year when we attended the game, it was flippin' freezin', raining non stop and the wind made it so much colder! This year, it was sunny, barely any clouds in the sky..still cold, but it was totally do-able compared to last time, lol. I was keeping my fingers crossed for Kendall and his team considering it's his Senior year... you wanna go out with a *BANG*, especially when it's a rivalry as massive as this. A few days prior to the game, Kendalls attitude was not really stellar..it was actually quite disappointing to hear such negativity about his teams spirit and confidence. The local news paper even dubbed the Tigers as the "under dog" considering the game they had played the weekend before was awful (offensive wise). While everyone else in the family was giving him rations of shit for being so negative, I just told him this WILL be the game he'll always remember for his highschool football "career". If anything, just have fun with it because that's really the most important part.

Well, looks like something kicked Kendall and his team in the ass considering they won the game :) They beat the Bear Cats 21-3, a few interceptions, sacks.. they were on fire and did an AMAZING job!






Once the game was done and over with, we headed back to the house since I needed to attempt to get rid of the awful headache I had. I maybe passed out for...hmm...30 minutes until my Dad, Aunty and Uncle Tim wanted to head out to the Olympic Club. I've always wanted to go there to check the place out considering my Dad always rants and raves about it. I just wished I had felt a million times better since I felt super sick to my stomach, the headache made it hard for me to hold any sort of conversation and here I am sitting in a BAR. The place was really cool and the appetizers were most excellent.. I just felt awful the whole time we were there :( When we got back to the house, I crawled right back into bed with some cold packs in hopes the headache would go away... it didn't, but it was manageable so I was able to hang out with my cousins a little more.

*Sunday*

I got up at the lovely hour of 4:30a to get ready for the flight home... MAAAAAAANNN I didn't wanna go home! Don't get me wrong, I wanted to head home because I missed Eric and John like crazy, but I just love how Washington has pretty landscapes, people are NICE..the list can go on and on. Once Dad and I said our goodbyes, Aunty rolled us out to Portland International Airport so Dad and I could do our checkin process. Luckily, I had carry-on luggage only so I didn't have to bother waiting in line to get things checked in. Not to mention, I was able to do "self" check in and managed to upgrade my seat to First Class, yay! Tell ya what...First Class is an entirely different atmosphere! The flight attendants are even more attentive to you, bigger seats, more drinks... I loved it even though I obviously stuck out like a sore thumb (everyone was dressed in business attire) all the while, I had jeans and a t-shirt.

After a 2 hour layover in San Fran, I finally made it back to San Luis Obispo by 3pm to see Eric and John pressed up against the chain linked fence to see my arrival. I missed them SO much!! I got a massive hug from John and lots of love from Eric... I guess I should go on vacation more often :)

Sorry things are so spastic in this post, but I seriously have a hard time remembering EVERYTHING that happened...besides, if I put in ALL the detail to every little thing, you'd be here forever reading and reading and I'm on the verge of carpaltunnel as is ;)

I'll post tomorrow about some of the other events that've been going on since I came back from vacation!

0 comments: