Saturday, October 18, 2008

Phooey

I love arts & crafts, so Michaels is usually where I go hawkin' for new things. About a week ago,I got a coupon on my receipt that said "50% off a single regular priced item". I thought "HELL YEA!" because there's a particular Cricut thing I've been eye-balling.


It's called the Cricut Express Cutting Machine:




Cricut Expression Deluxe is the newest addition to the Cricut family of products. The new Cricut Expressions is a much larger unit, meant to stay on the table or in a media room. It's 24" personal electronic cutter is the latest in Cricut cutting system. It has two new cutting mats measuring 12" x 12" and 12"x 24", allowing you to cut characters from 0.25" to 23.5" you also have six new modes and several new functions which offer greater customization of cuts. The new settings allow different units of measurements and languages. The Expression machine works great with existing line of Cricut cartridges, replacing the need to collect hundreds of heavy die


Includes: Plantin School Book Font Cartridge.

Includes One 12x12 cutting mat Mix and match creative features in the same cut 24"

Personal Electronic Cutter Cut portrait or landscape Fits Mat sizes 12" x 12" and 12" x 24"

Cuts characters from 0.25" to 23.5"

Six new modes Several new functions

Use the entire library of existing Cricut cartridges

No computer necessary

New LCD screen that shows exactly what you're typing for your next cut

Includes User manual

A handle for convenient transportation.


Well...this thing isn't cheap, but I know I'd use the hell out of it. Not to mention, since my handy dandy coupon is gonna give me 50% off, it'd be way more affordable. WELLLLLLLLL.... I went to Michaels first thing this morning, picked it up, be-bopped over to the cashier to pay for it and presented my coupon. "Sorry Ma'am, this product is excluded from this coupon". NO where on this coupon does it state "Excludes Cricut products". She kept saying "I don't know what to tell you"... I understand that they don't know all the ins and outs of the freaking coupon, but shouldn't that be LISTED on the coupon itself as far as what's excluded?? I was REALLY ticked considering it would've saved me $200!!! I put it right back on the shelf and left..there's no way I'm gonna pay that much for it. Eric knows how badly I want it, but I just can't bring myself to blowing that much on myself......blah


Side rant... I was just outside spray painting a new decorative piece for the house and I accidently dropped it on the grass :( Now there's chunks of dirt and grass ALL over it...fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I have to strip it down and start all over again...


GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

0 comments: