Friday, December 24, 2010

Winter Wonderland 2010

Ever since Thanksgiving, it's been snowing on and off over here in lovely Belgium. I absolutely love it! Thing is, we don't have a snow shovel. Or, a shovel in general. So when you drive / slide down our street, you can see the majority of our neighbors have been rather diligent about shoveling their driveways / walkways for their home. Us? Not so much. Here's how our driveway currently looks...keep in mind, it slopes so it makes things a lil more difficult when trying to drive up onto it from the street:

I took my ruler out with me to get some idea of how much it snowed.

8 inches of fluff out there! 

I was trying to move some snow out from under my feet, but I couldn't get to the brickwork...but, at least you can see how far my feet go into the snow, lol
Our poor little wood pile isn't liking the snow very much...nor are our trucks!


The wheel on Johns bike:


Icicles hangin' out around the house:


Macie, our little Dachshund / Beagle mix, was LOVING the snow! She kept hopping around in it like a snow bunny! The whole time I'm walking around to check out stuff, she would hop around, bite at the snow and run...well...run as best as she could since she's a short / stumpy dog in several inches of snow.


As I'm walking down the driveway, I looked up and noticed the layers and layers of snow that's building up on the rooftop. The Sky dish doesn't seem to like all the snow on it! 


The view from our front porch:


The side yard that the dogs normally get to run around and play in:


Last but not least, a jimmy rigged panoramic shot of my house with the side yard (to the left) and the horse pasture on the right. If you click on the actual picture, it'll come up larger.


The Belgians make me kinda giggle because they say it never really ever snowed here. You'd get a light dusting here and there, but as it seems in recent years..Mother Nature wants to paint their country white. Last year they said it's the worst winter they've had in 50 something years.. not this year is the worst they've had in 100 years. No biggy cause I'm loving it! It's not all that bad if a California gal from the coast says she's lovin' it :) 

Merry Christmas (Eve), everyone!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to bring in the loop. My bags are packed and I'm moving in....:) LOL I love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love...love it there!