Thursday, August 13, 2009

CTMH & Passion


I went to my first official "Close To My Heart" party last night and I had a ton of fun! Since we've been in Belgium, I've really wanted to start scrap booking the places we visit because it's so important to record your memories. Sure, there's photo albums and you can just put the pictures in an album.. but honestly, it's more fun to personalize things and make it have more spunk! During the party, the Consultant showed all 15 of us how to make a card with all the different stamps, processes and such. I, of course, took the mature route and made a card that says "You're gay!" on it for Eric. Ya know, cause I love him and all, lol.
Here's a bunch of the stuff I actually bought from the show, so I'm looking forward to when
all of this comes in. Is it sad that I already have another order ready for next month?? They have some super cute things comin out for Fall and I'm such a HUGE fan of that season :) Not to mention, that's when I was born!
Baroque Alphabet (set of 32)
Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad Set - Harvest Colors

Sponge Daubers (set of 3)
Cutting Knife
Exclusive Inks Marker - Black

Spice Of Life Set ( set of 12)
Recipe Box (set of 21) .. another stamp set that'd be nice to have for when I wanna make custom Pampered Chef invites :)
My Acrylic Block - 4x4
In other news.....

Ok, about a month after we got to Belgium, I bought into a company called, "Hush". It's a company that's geared for sex toys and such, like Passion Parties. Now, I gave Hush a chance considering I actually know one the of gals that works with 'em... she's one of the distributors I dealt with when I worked for Diamond Adult World back in Santa Maria, California. The gal I know works for Doc Johnson, so she's legit. Well, when I was looking at the Hush Consultant Catalog, there was a picture listed for their starter kit... now.. being that I used to deal with this stuff, I thought it was a hell of a deal for the starter kit only being $150, yet the stuff you were getting was worth $700. HUGE deal. I was trying to go to their website right now to get a picture of what was listed for their starter kit, yet, the site isnt responding.. hah.
Anyway, when my kit arrived.. I was less than thrilled. It took 2 months for it to arrive. Not only that, even though I was told my shipping would only cost me $5.00, they actually charged me $47.63. Big goof up, right? When things are finally hammered out, I'm informed that I'm literally the only APO/AE seller they have so they'll have to figure out how to ship things to me and my customers without it costing an arm and a leg. Since the whole mishap happened, I havent sold anything considering.. if I'M not feeling confident about Hush, I really don't want to be responsible for shit like that happening to my customers. Know what I mean?
The whole point of this part of the post... When I had originally gotten the word out about Hush, alot of the ladies on base were interested in it. This whole time, I've been waiting on additional supplies to show up from Hush, which in all honesty, it's taking way too long to get. I started researching "Passion Parties" and I'm seriously considering switching over to them.. mainly, they cater to APO / AE consultants and you dont have to pay a shit load of shipping fee's. I've talked about it with Eric and he's super supportive about it since he knows I'm already trained / versed on the products (professionally, NOT personally, ha).. and that the proceeds are going towards a good cause.

0 comments: