Saturday, August 22, 2009

Tis' Been A Busy Week!

Aghh. I've totallly slacked on blogging, but it's been rather hectic the last few days!

Ok, so on Monday, there was a "Craft / Hobby" event on base that I RSVP'd for. Mainly, it was to display my Pampered Chef business to get the word out a little more to people who might not have known that I sell.. but also so I can sell off some of my extra stock so I can update my inventory with the new catalogs stuff. It started at 9am so I got there at 8am to set up. I ended up staying till 2:30, made $180 between selling catalogs, hob-knobbing and chit chatting with people. I was VERY relieved to sell some of that stuff off since it was gonna be a bitch to carry everything back to the truck, lol. Another one of the vendors there makes her own clothes and I fell absolutely inlove with a wool jacket she made! I have her info and all, but I wanna see if she can actually make one for me in MY size considering the one she had for sale was meant for someone who weighed ..oh I dunno.. 100lbs, lol.

Side of good news: I received the MyCAA Scholarship! So that means I got $6k to go towards my UMUC classes. In addition to that, I got a text book scholarship! I was SO relieved that those both came in considering I start school on Tuesday! EEEEKKKKKK!

Speaking of school, I had to finish getting John registered at his new school which is located in The Netherlands. He'll be looking forward to an hour bus ride each way! Aiy Aiy Aiy! His counciler seems pretty nice, although she goofed up on his class schedule. He picked Art as his extra subject to study, but she ended up sticking him into Band, which he doesnt' want. John normally goes with the flow when it comes to stuff, but he was pretty clear about NOT wanting Band. Once January comes around, they'll be able to move it around and get him into the class he originally wanted. Getting him registered then getting him signed up for his bus pick up was an ALL DAY event! Freaking drove me insane with how the process went! Oh well, he's officially registered for 7th grade now :)

On Wednesday....John and I joined a group of other moms and kids to journey over to one of the local blueberry farms. They have this thing open for 2-3 weeks out of the year so the public can come in and pick berries and whatever they pick (how ever much they want), they pay for and they're good to go. John ended up picking about 4lbs worth of berries! What really shocked me was that it only cost 7 euro for all of that! I mean, shoot.. when I go to the Commissary, they want $4 for a little container of 'em! In addition to getting a ton of blueberries, I managed to go back after our mile and a half walk to get to the place.. some home made cranberry jam (awesome!) as well as cranberry syrup, blueberry jam and blueberry syrup. I think later on this week, some of the gals and I are gonna go back to get some more since the kids seem to plow through the berries like they're candy!Here's some pictures from that day :)

On our way to the blueberry farm:

We made it!
Aiden, Frankie, John and Ryan
John being John
Marianne's adorable little girl

Lots of berries!
Another section of the blueberry farm


Thaaatta boy!

Alrighty, so on Thursday, myself and several other ladies decided we were gonna go to Iron Man Park which is located in The Netherlands. I've heard on and off about this place cause it has 5 outdoor pools in addition to one large one indoors. Since the weather here has been pretty bi-polar, but nice, we figured we'd take advantage of it and hit the pool was it was sunny and not storming, lol. Even though I lathered on sunblock 3 different times throughout the day, I still managed to get a lovely sunburn! It huuuuuuuuuurts! I will say though.. Europeans have no modesty when it comes to rockin' their swimsuits.. or lack there of. I saw a ton of women there, mind you...who were larger than me, rockin' bikini's as if they were hot shit. By all means, they got the self esteem to wear those.. but I'll be damned if I wear something like that, lol


As for Friday, it was "BAF Day" on base, which stands for "Belgian / American Friendship Day". It's a pretty hyped up thing since it invites all the Belgian landlords and local community to the base and for people to party it up. We managed to hang around till about 8pm (it started at 3pm), watched the Commander get dunked in the Dunk Tank as well as the Major for Security Forces. Lots of people showed up.. from my understanding, some people got pretty tanked, lol. Adults storming the bounce house and bursting it, people getting drunk and Belgians partying their tails off till 3 in the morning.. all the while, I was enjoying the rest of my evening at home, lol.

0 comments: