Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mish Mash and Sushi

Catching up..yet again!

Ahhh let's see... I started my official College Math class on Tuesday.. GOOOOOOOOOOOSH. It's all flooding back as to why I loathe Math. I feel dumb as rocks when I can't understand little symbols and the teachers trickeration when it comes to problem solving. My three hour class felt like eternity.. this is gonna be a long eight weeks :( I'll have to study atleast 2 hours a day with just my Math homework, then on Monday, I officially start my Business Management course. UGHHHHH... Shoot me now! This is what I get for wanting to excel in Business Management / Human Resources!
Yesterday, Josie and I decided we were gonna go to Schinnen to pick up a calculator for her since the one she brought to Math wasnt exactly "allowed" by the teacher. He wants us to use a basic $20 calculator, not one of those high tech / handy dandy Texas Instruments one that esstentially tells you how the human species came to be.

Anyway, on our way to Schinnen, we were talking about Sushi, pulled pork sandwiches.. basically, food food food. Keep in mind, we had both finished up at the Gym about an hour earlier, so we were on the hungry side, so talking about food wasnt really helping with our immediate need for tastey things. On and off for the past few weeks, we've been talking about going to get Sushi from a place called "Crazy Sushi" that's in Aachen, Germany. Well, when it was time to take our exit to Schinnen, we decided to blast past it and head to Aachen instead, lmao.

Now, I REALLY wish I'd start listening to my inner voice and bring my freaking nice camera with me whenever I head out. By being in Aachen yesterday, that definitely taught me a lesson! The pictures I managed to take were with my Blackberry, but after taking four pictures.. my phone gave me the beep of death and died. I KNEW I should've charged the damn thing before I left! Shoulda, woulda, coulda, right? Anyway, the top picture is of a Ginger Hedgehog cookie.. the shop that was displaying it in the window is so pretty and festive! You could smell the ginger cookies pouring out of this place! The next picture is from the cafe' we were sitting at while having our sushi.. I mean, it felt so calm and laid back just to sit there and enjoy the scenery. The last two pictures are of the massive gothic church that Aachen is known for. That thing is absolutely BREATH TAKING. All I could do was just stare... and stare some more. The statues throughout the exterior of the building are life size and there seems to be this endless pattern of stained glass all over it. Absolutely gorgeous! I'm hoping that Eric and I get to go back on Friday since he has the day off of work and it'd be great to have a "date" there :D





1 comments:

Unknown said...

That cafe is something straight out of a movie! Im so jealous I want sushi and a cookie!