Friday, January 1, 2010

Passport, You're gonna get a used and abused...

I wanna travel. BAD. Like...really bad. Only thing is, I don't have gobs and gobs of money at my disposal. I mean, I have an inheritence, but I rather not blow it when I could invest it in a lovely home once Eric gets out of the Air Force in...hmmmm..7ish years. Sounds like a long time, but it'll probably fly by pretty fast. Besides, we'll probably buy a house before he gets out since the housing market has some amazing deals right now...ya know...aside from people losing their homes due to forclosures and such. But, yeah..good housing deals.

Anyway, one of the main reasons why I got my job was so I could have "play money" so I could travel. Whee! Only thing is, I don't wanna be taking time off of work all the time to go travel..hahaha...it's like a double edge sword in a way. I'm sure I'll do quite a few weekend trips and such just to be able to venture out and see different places, but I'm not really expecting any long sort of vacations....except for Switzerland in November. We'll be there for five days or something, so that's good for me!

Here's a list of all the places I wanna go to:

Santorini, Greece: I've wanted to go to this place ever since I can remember! I actually wanted to go here for our honeymoon, but that didn't happen due to lifes events...my mom having cancer, taking care of her, working my tail off then us getting orders for Belgium. Eventually, I WILL get to this place! I WILL!


Vatican City: Anyone who knows me, knows that I absolutely LOVE artwork. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I'm completely infatuated with Renaissance pieces. Da Vinci is my favorite artist of all time, but I can go see The Mona Lisa in France...as for Vatican City,  I can see Michelangelo's masterpiece in the Sistine Chapel. I'd purposely get myself lost in there so I could stare at the paintings for days and days, although I'm sure the Vatican Police wouldn't appreciate that.


Who wouldn't wanna see this?!?


Zermatt, Switzerland: This is actually already in the works for us to go as a family for Thanksgiving later this year :) Thanks to Barb telling me about it as well as posting amazing pictures of the place.. Eric and I agree'd it'd be a great family vacation for John, him and myself. We almost NEVER get to take vacations, so the fact that we both want to go here for some down time..makes me REALLY excited!


Hallstratt, Austria : Who wouldnt wanna go there? It just looks like a nice, quite place to relax :)


Rome: Need I say more? I mean, really?


There's tons of other places I wanna go to, but this is for starters :) Trust me, I'll plug more and more pics and stuff in of the places I wanna go as time ticks on.

3 comments:

BelgiumBarb said...

Take me! Take me! Amazingly enugh, our dream trip lists are almost identical (except I just put a check by Zermatt! You will LOVE it!) I have to add France and England to the list. Still haven't seen them. Other than that, I'm sneaking into your luggage!

Erika said...

I haven't been to France yet, either! I know once my Dad gets here in March, we'll be puddle jumping to England since my Grandpa is over there :)

Ryanair.com has some amazing deals on flights to the places I listed!

Aimee said...

I'm so jealous of all the traveling you can do there! I hope we're able to get Germany next. I may have to pull out my bargain skills if not... :D