Monday, January 4, 2010

Bye Bye Squishy McSquish Squish

Today.. I officially started my resolution. Ya know, the one that involves me becoming more "aerodynamic". Eric used that term for me a while back.."aerodynamic" when I lost alot of weight before, hahahaa. It's not like he's calling me a fatass or anything (he's NEVER said anything negative about my body!); it's more along the lines of: my hips were smaller as well as my waist. My butt defintely wasnt as "grand" and my arms didn't have self installed "floaties". I was definetely more "aerodynamic" this time last year, lmao.

I have a strategic plan..and hopefully it'll work out in my favor (lol).. I weighed in this morning, but didn't look at the scale. Here's what I'm doing: Eric looks at the scale, writes down my current weight and keeps the amount from me. I've realized that everytime I look at my weight on the scale, I get REALLY depressed and it screws me up (mentally) when it comes to working out. It's almost borderline destructive. I weighed in today, then I'll weigh in again on Friday...then every Friday after that is my official weigh in date. I did it today since I need an actual "starting" number, ya know? Once a month, I'll see what my weight is..so Feb 5th will be when I can see my numbers *eek*. Every 4th of the month, I'll take updated pictures so I can track my physical appearance and changes (hopefully they'll become more noticeable as time ticks by) and I'll put together a "collage" of 6 months worth of pictures. Not bad, right?

I logged back into my Sparkpeople.com account, updated my Spark profile.. that alone was a little challenging considering I havent' used it in some time (it still had me listed at Vandenberg, oops!).  I highly reccommend that site for anyone who wants free nutritional guidance, as well as motivation / support when it comes to staying on track and meeting your goals ( in terms of weight loss or toning up).

Here's my exercise routine I did this morning:

Elliptical - 1mile, 12:45 min, burned 137cal
Abdominal machine - 25 x 5 , 40lb
Hip abductor (in) - 25x4, 40 lbs
Hip abductor (out) - 25x4, 40lbs
Pull over - 25x3, 45 lbs
Chest press - machine is down
Lat zug - 25x3, 21kg
Elliptical - .75 miles, 9:14 min. , burned 100 cal

By the time I was off of work, I was pretty tired (it was a rather stressful day) so I managed to do a lil bit more cardio and headed on home.  My time on the treadmill was 24:52 for 1.25 miles and I ended up burning 125 calories...honestly, not bad! The gym was pretty packed tonight, so, I'm glad I atleast have the morning to the gym *mostly* to myself :)

On that note, I'm off to bed. I'm EXAUSTED!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! I know you can do it. I can't wait to see your progress!!! I'm cheering for you on the other side of the pond!! PS love the layout!