Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday...I want a refund. NOW.



Today started out pretty......crappy. Figures, right? It IS hump day after all...

I fire up my laptop this morning and bam...there it is. A notice from Telenet (our service provider) informing us that our account has been suspended for some unknown reason. FAAAHHBULOUS. Once I was back from the gym, I gave 'em a call considering there isn't any reason for our account to be suspended. Whenever a bill comes in from them, I turn around and pay it. Simple as that. Well, since they turned our internet off, it also turned our house phone off. Nice. I had to call 'em with my cell phone..which I didn't wanna do considering even though I have a phone plan though Base (another company), I still get dinged for using the airtime during certain time blocks.

Well.....

I was informed that we have an outstanding balance of  €554.64. Yes, you read that right. five hundred, fifty four euro and sixty four cents. If you convert that to dollars, that totals up to $804.53 .Impressive, hunh? I thought so, too. After talking to the customer service representative for 45 minutes, turns out that we got charged for the following things:

- When we canceled our Digital Cable service, no one EVER mentioned that we'd have a service charge for the early termination fee. We didn't know that we were signed into a year contract. In fact, the guy who signed us up for the digital cable said that whenever we're not happy with the service, we can turn it off without any problems. Right...that cost us €75 apparently.

- By canceling our service, that means we have "Telenet property"...which would be the receiver / digital recorder box. Apparently we were sent a letter (which we never received) stating that once we turn the box back, we'll get €225 back. LOVELY! Oh wait..nevermind..if I want the €225 physically back, I'll see it in 3 MONTHS. If I just have it credited to my Telenet account, it'll be 3 business days. Funny how that works, right? Yeah.

- Hey! They can "resend" the paperwork so I can drop off the box at a local Telenet store! It'll be here in.....oh....a month. Yay. Thanks for your speedy service. Much appreciated.

- When I was inquiring about the rest of the heart stopping bill, the representative mentioned two bills that hadn't been paid. I honest to god have NO idea what they were talking about considering I take care of EVERYTHING when it comes to bills and such. Oh, nevermind..it really WASN'T my fault.  He actually admitted that they didn't send them out. NICE! I'm supposed to be psychic when it comes to bills and what I might have to pay. SO, since I apparently missed both of those bills, despite the fact they were never sent to me... we were dinged with late fee's.

LOVELY! FUCKING lovely.

After all was said and done, the representative was nice enough to atleast turn the internet and phone back on. Thankfully, we're getting paid tomorrow, so we'll be able to turn right around and pay off the ugly bill. I'm just disgruntled that we're being stuck with a tab that was literally caused by OTHER people not doing their job and informing us, as a customer, about the fee's and shit. GAH.

On an upside... I had an early day at work. Why, you ask? It's because we were issued a warning about ice.. Ya see.. it started to snow, yet again, but it's obviously colder and the layers of ice were thickening up the roads. Funny thing, the ice wasn't even that bad till I got to my street...once I was ALMOST to the house, I hit a patch of the slippery stuff and my truck started to look like a fat ballerina.

Here's my workout stats for the day. On that note, I'm gonna snuggle up with Eric and a WELL DESERVED hot chocolate!


This mornings workout:
Elliptical- 1.25 miles, 16:16  minutes and burned 178 calories
Ab machine - 25x 5 , 50lb
Hip abductor (in) - 25x5, 40 lbs
Hip abductor (out) - 25x5, 40lbs
Pull over - 25x3, 45 lbs
Chest press - machine is down
Lat zug - 25x3, 21kg
Ellipticals - 1 mile,  13: 03 minutes and burned 144 calories

This evenings workout:
Elliptical - 1.5 miles, 18:31 minutes and burned 205 calories

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

:0 to the phone company! LAME ALERT!!!! In other news...yay on your coninued success at working out. I ate a fried pickle in your honor today :)

Team Hayes said...

Ack. Another thing I hated about being overseas! You can't threaten to change service providers because if you want internet, you only have ONE choice. It was Americable or nothing for us, which totally gives Americable the room to be complete ass wipes and get away with it. Urgh. It should be illegal!