Thursday, January 7, 2010

Five Point Two Five

Nothing much has been going on with me aside from the gym, working out and my job. It's become rather....boring? No, wait...repetative is a better description for it. Wake up, gym, come home, shower, clean house, go to work, work, go to the gym, then home. Rinse and repeat.

Today was day four of my new change of physical activity as well as eating..and I gotta say; I feel a hell of alot better already. My stamina on the elliptical is greatly improving, not to mention..it's becoming rather addictive. Yeah, I said "addictive". I don't feel like a train wreck, I have alot more energy..and..Im not as grumpy. I know I don't seem "grumpy", but there's times where I can go from happy to bitch pretty fast. Either the change in diet and exercise is helping that, or I'm just getting more tolerable of things, lol. I've been starting my mornings off with a large orange in addition to a multivitamin..once I'm back from the gym, I have a bowl of oatmeal (I make it with 1/2 of milk), I'll snack on a banana or pomegranite later in the day, for lunch I have a Healthy Choice Steamer (18g protein and 320 calories), another helping of fruits / veggies..then once I'm home, I'll either have 2 tomato sandwiches (wheat bread, 1 tomato, 2 tablespoons of mayo, a dash of pepper and salt) or a bowl of soup. Doesn't sound like much, but it's actually pretty filling and I don't feel like I'm starving during the day. Not to mention, I'm drinking about ten glasses of water throughout the day as well! After searching for some time through all of our boxes that're still unpacked upstairs (hahahaa), I finally found my "Biggest Loser Family Cookbook". Thank GOD there's actually some recipes in there that Eric and John would be willing to try, lol. They're calorie friendly, but look pretty darn good.. so I'll be testing those out this coming week since we'll be hitting up the grocery store this weekend.

Tomorrow morning,  I'm weighing in. I won't be looking at the scale, but Fridays from now on are my "official" weigh in days. Eric will write down my new total (if there is one) and just either give me "Yes" or "No" answer when it comes to making some progress. Knowing how my husband works, I'm assuming he's gonna say "Yes" either way considering he doesn't want to discourage me. He's such a good husband :) Hopefully he'll stay honest with me about it though! It's been tempting to turn the scale on and check out my current weight, but I don't wanna cheat myself out of it and go stir crazy..

This mornings workout:
Elliptical - 1.5 miles, 19:25 minutes and burned 208 calories
Ab Machine - 25x 6 , 40lb
Low Back Extension - 25x 4 , 45lbs
Glute - 12x3, 20lb (both legs)
Horizontal Leg Press - 25x 4 ,55lb
Rear Deltoid - 12x4, 30bs
Arm Extension - 25x 3 , 20lbs
Elliptical - 1.25 miles, 16:59 minutes and burned 180 calories

This evenings workout:
Elliptical - 1.25 miles, 16:00 minutes and burned 172 calories
Treadmill - 1.25 miles, 30 minutes and burned 166 calories

I just realized something.... I did 5.25 miles today! That's insane! Not only that, I'm freaking excited since that's a massive improvement compared to what I was able to do before :D

* HUGE GRIN*

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Yay! You're doing awesome!! :D

Erika said...

Thanks Love!