Tuesday, January 26, 2010

whew

The last 24 hours have kinda been a blur for me...nothing too exciting happened, but I've just been attending to other things and by the time I'm ready to sit down and type.. it's time for bed, lol.

Remember my vent about UMUC? It's all fixed (thankfully). After a week and a half of trying to contact someone in accounting, the UMUC rep on base was finally able to get ahold of someone to address my account. At first, he told me that "yes", I had to pay the $1,200 outstanding bill. The thought of it made me very nauseated considering I had a SCHOLARSHIP that was supposed to pay for the classes, yet, it didn't. I gave in and said I'd go ahead and pay it, but I needed to know if the school added an interest rate when it comes making payments. He didn't know, so he had to call them back to get a definite answer.....when he called me to gimme the answer, he said "Well, I have good news. All you owe is $3.50". I thought he was screwing with me, but no, he was serious. I don't know what he said or what he did, but the MyCAA scholarship was finally applied. After all was said and done... the notices saying that I owe a large bill.. stressing me out... then letters threatening to take me to collections... after all of that,  the scholarship amount was FINALLY applied. Almost 6 months later. So, I logged into my UMUC account and there it was... a bill for $3.50.

Yes, I paid it.

In other news, my Dad started shipping things to me for his vacation. The first package arrived today..and...well..it looks like a smurf blew snot all in it before sealing it up for shipment. When I picked up the package from our Post Office on base, the gal working behind the counter said "Uhhh...the package was leaking. Bad. I think it's AXE body wash". Oh lovely, lol. I get it home and open it up. This OVERWHELMING smell of Old Spice punched me in the face, lol. GREAAAAT..... I'm picking things out and a Costco size bottle of the stuff was all over EVERYTHING. He packed nice shirts, hiking boots, medical things he'll need for his foot (he has to switch out bandages and such) as well as his slippers. Man oh man...I'm able to salvage some of the stuff, but I'm hoping his nice nice dress shirts aren't ruined. Luckily, alot of the other stuff that got jacked (mainly the body wash and the deoderant) are available at our Commissary.  My only gripe is that my house smells like Old Spice all over the place.. the smell won't come off of me!! AGH!

On that note, I gotta get to bed... I have to be up in..hmmm...7ish hours.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning:
Elliptical - 2.75 miles in 37:05 minutes, burned 404 calories
Ab machine - 25x 4 , 50lb
Low back extension - 25x 5 , 60lbs
Horizontal leg press - 25x 4 ,55lb
Arm extension - 12x 6, 30lb
Elliptical - 1.5 miles in 19:30 minutes, burned 214 calories

This evening:
Treadmill - 1.75 miles in 35:06 minutes, burned 230 calories

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday Morning:
Elliptical - 2.5 miles in 32:46 minutes, burned 354 calories

Ab machine - 25x 3, 50lb
Hip abductor (in) - 25x6, 50 lbs
Hip abductor (out) - 25x6, 50lbs
Pull over - 25x3, 45 lbs
Elliptical -1 mile in 13:29 minutes, burned 147 calories


Yesterday Evening:

Elliptical -1 mile in 13:22 minutes, burned 146 calories

0 comments: