Thursday, January 14, 2010

Retail Therapy

This week has frustrated the crap out of me...thank god tomorrow's Friday. I'm still bitter that we're pretty much having to part with $800 due to a company lacking in customer service skills, not to mention pay whatever other bills we're responsible for. Now I got an email from UMUC about my "balance"? I SHOULDNT have a balance since my scholarship was supposed to cover it... I had already talked to my UMUC representative about all this and he said he'd take care of it. Apparently, it wasn't taken care of. I'm rather annoyed. I'm going to be effin PISSED if I gotta pay $1,400 even though I was told that my scholarship was covering my tuition and classes!! AGH.

I did a lil bit of retail therapy for myself considering, hell, I kinda need it right now. I deserve some self gratification since it seems like I'm throwing money to everyone else. Ha. So, I went into nike.com and checked out some of their gym bags...I just got one in not too long ago from Old Navy. I will say, it was a good deal, but it's not really meant to hold too much stuff in it. I normally head home and take a shower after my evening workout so I don't stink up my truck / house, but I'm reconsidering and wanting to shower at the gym..mainly to cut down on the use of water in our house and to dwindle down our water bill. Might as well use the military installments shower, right? :) So, here's the new gym bag I picked up..not bad for $35.00




As I was plugging around, my feet gave me a nice reminder that I eventually need to invest in some good running shoes. It just so happens that Nike has a fancy with running shoes. Coincidental much? Nah...

Here's the cool part: You can design your own shoes. This is the one I came up with...now if $130 will magically fall in my lap. I'd love to buy these, but quite frankly, I felt guilt enough as is with spending $35 on something that'll help me carry my stinky gym clothes.





I suppose I should try to get some sleep considering I need to get up in about...hmmmm....7ish hours. Eric's currently at work with a craptastic shift....once he gets home and possibly gets warm in bed, he has to get right back up and head back to work since he's expected to drive to Germany at 6am. Redonkulous.

This mornings workout:
Elliptical - 1.5 miles, 19:19 minutes and burned  212 calories
Ab machine - 25x 4 , 50lb
Low back extension - 25x 3 , 45lbs
Horizontal leg press - 25x 3 ,55lb
Arm extension - 12x 4, 30lb
Elliptical - 1 mile, 11:51 minutes and burned 132 calories
Sauna - 15 minutes @ 47c

This evenings workout:
Elliptical - 1.25 miles, 15:00 minutes and burned 167 calories
Treadmill - .50  miles , 9:06 minutes and burned 63 calories

0 comments: